Oct 19, 2014

Victor Churchill the oldest butchers shop in Australia (101 Pics)


VICTOR CHURCHILL BUTCHERY – SINCE 1876
- Established in 1876, the original Churchill’s butcher shop, located on Queen Street in Woollahra, was founded by James Churchill.
– Victor and Cyril Churchill, James’ sons, took over the management of the store with Victor Churchill managing the store for the longest period of time.
– The name, “Victor Churchill” is a tribute to the Churchill family and to Victor Puharich, a master butcher.
– Victor and Anthony Puharich the founders of Vic’s Premium Quality Meat, Australia’s largest meat wholesaler of premium meats, have become the fourth owners of the butcher shop in its 134-year history.
– Supplying Sydney and Melbourne’s finest restaurants, such as Jacque Raymond, Vue De Monde, Cutler & Co, Movida, Rockpool Bar and Grill, Flower Drum, Grossi Florentino, The Stokehouse and Taxi Dining Room for the past 14 years with the finest meat available, the same selection is now available to the public